Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where did it go?

Where did all the snow go? I woke up this morning and it was all gone! My kids said it was my fault because i didn't let them sleep with their Pj's on backwards, put a spoon under their pillows, or let them dance around backwards! I guess it my fault the snow went away..lol



I'm having trouble going to sleep and sleeping at night. I mean once i do go to sleep, i wake up every hour or so. I've always had a little bit of trouble because of my back, but since our cars were broke into, i just can't go to sleep and stay asleep! I hear EVERYTHING at night. I will get up and down about 10 times a night just to look outside and see what i hear! This is driving me crazy!! I'm up until at least 2 or 3 every night, i get up in the mornings and get the kids ready for school and after they leave i go back to sleep! I don't have any trouble at all sleeping during the day. If i do it's because my back is hurting, but as far as waking up cause i hear something i don't, there are times i'm asleep during the day and i won't even hear the phone ringing, it's like i'm in a deep sleep. I can't figure out why and it's starting to bother me! I don't know what i can do to be able to go to sleep and stay asleep at night. I take my night time medicine, which it use to make me go to sleep and i would stay asleep, but not anymore. This is starting to get on my nerves REAL BAD!
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what i can do to go to sleep and stay asleep?

8 comments:

Erika J. said...

i've slept with a fan for years. i can't sleep without it. i hear every little thing and it drives me insane. get you a box fan. it's a soothing sound and you won't hear anything.

~Chunky Butt~ said...

I never thought of that!! Good idea, that may also help with my hotness at night! I have hot flashes at night real bad since my hysterectomy. Sometimes i wake up with my clothes soaking wet and i have to change them in the middle of the night. I have a ceiling fan i keep on and i sleep with the TV on, but i think i will have to get me a box fan!!
Good idea..thanks girl!!

wemmies said...

I can't sleep without a fan either. Get a big box fan or it wont be loud enough. LOL!

We take our fans with us on vacation and everything. I will leave a suitcase out to take a fan. LOL!

~Chunky Butt~ said...

I really never thought of that!!
Thanks to you and Erika, i'm gonna invest in one of those box fans *snickers*
My moma is the same way, she has a fan going when she asleep, it doesn't matter if it's day or not. She said she can't sleep without it!!

Vic said...

Nature's Sunshine has a product that is all natural...It smells horrible and that is an understatement...Valerian Root (time released) I think it runs about 20.00...It will keep you asleep for at least 4 good solid hours...No side effects, no hangover feeling and it even has a calming effect and is used for some pain...

~Chunky Butt~ said...

Where can i get it at?

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else. I have been sleeping with a fan for years now and I can't sleep without it on b/c i hear absolutely everything! You are sleeping through your phone ringing and all that stuff b/c you have several sleep cycles. You are probably in your deepest sleep cycle when that stuff happens, or it could be simply sheer exhaustion that is keeping you from waking up. I feel that you, unconsciously, probably feel your privacy has been violated b/c of your car being broken into and that your body is reacting to that by keeping you awake at night, the time your privacy was violated. It might take some time and patience to get you back on track, or maybe you might need to see a sleep therapist. I know that many people don't think it's important, but it is vital to your health that you have a regular sleep cycle. Studies have shown that people like firemen and ER workers have a higher risk of heart attack, stroke, etc, just b/c of sleep! I hope that you do get a normal sleep cycle back soon!

~Chunky Butt~ said...

bcgpeanut..that's for reading my blog!
Thanks for all the info in your comment! I'm going this afternoon and buying me a box fan!
I can't wait till my sleep gets back to normal!!