Monday, January 21, 2008

i was calling the law at 4am

This blog is about a few different things! Just wanted to warn ya!

Let's start with early this morning!
This morning at 4am i was woke up by a LOUD noisy out by my bedroom window! It sounded like someone was trying to break in our house!
We have tin nailed up to the side of the house to keep the cold air out from underneath our house!
I had went to bed around 12:30 last night, cause for the past couple of night I've been able to go to bed and actually get a good night's sleep!
Well, i had woke up a few time before 4 with my back and my legs bothering me, it was right at 4 when i woke up with my back hurting me really bad, so i sit up in the bed and take some medicine and light a cigarette. While i was doing all that, i woke Ickey up making noise, i didn't mean to wake him up! I was telling him i was sorry for waking him up and i was ok, for him to go back to sleep! At that time WE heard a LOUD noise, it sound like someone was trying to break in!! I looked at him and said "what the hell was that?", he said "i have NO idea", so i tell him to get up and look out the window and he did, but he didn't see anything or anybody, but he looked out the front window instead of the side window, so then by the time he looks out the side window he didn't see anything or anybody, but like he said he was dark on that side of the house!
This is what it sounded like, We have tin nailed up on the side of our house, so it will keep the cold air our from under the house, so our pipes don't freeze. Anyways, it sounded like they was climbing up the tin and fell, it was like their foot hit the tin cause they may have slipped! I was scared to death!! My heart was going 100 miles per hour!!
Ickey got up and went through the house looking to see if anybody was in here and there wasn't, so i told him i was calling the police just to be safe! I call the Sheriff's office because we live 12 miles from the city, so we have to call the county. The send someone out here and he walks all around the house! He comes in and tells me he didn't see anybody out there, but he had tried to pull on our under pining to see if it would fall and it didn't cause it was nailed up! Which i knew that! I told him i knew the wind couldn't blow it over cause for one it was nailed up and for two last week when we had tornado warnings and the wind was blowing real hard, it didn't blow down! That's when he said oh no honey i know it wasn't the wind! He says he's gonna look around more and check in and around the house that's next to us. The house next to us, is one that Ickey's uncle use to live in years ago and it caught fire, but only messed up the inside and we're in the process of cleaning it out, so they can take it down.
We live next to a Milling company, but that have been closed for about a year now, so i told him, if someone was out there they might have ran to hide at the mill or in the field behind out house. I told him if they was out there then they had enough time to get out of dodge, he said he was gonna look at the mill, around the senior citizens building (beside out house), and around in the field! I guess he didn't find anybody or anything cause he never showed back up here! Although, he did say he would stay in the area riding around! I told him Thank you cause our cars had been broke into a week ago and 2 other houses that was not even a block from us was broke into the week before and last weekend! He said he knew about it and would keep an eye out for anyone suspicious in the area.
I know we haven't went out there today and looked for ourselves to see if anything was messed up or not! I guess Ickey will do that when he gets home from work, i know he better..ha-ha!
Thank goodness that if someone was out there, when their foot or whatever it was hit then tin, it scared them and they ran off! It had to be someone cause of the noise it made! No animal or anything like that is going to make that kind of noise!! TRUST ME!!
I so know this, this is getting on my nerves and i can't take this!! I was losing sleep over our cars, i just hope that this don't cause me to be able not to go to sleep again!! Like i had said before, we have NEVER had this kind of trouble up here. We could go to sleep with the doors unlocked, windows left down, keys in the car, and windows to the house up, but now it's like you gotta lock everything!! This is CRAZY, it wasn't even like this when we lived with Moma! I can't take this!! This is too much for me to have to deal with!! If someone was trying to break in, trust me we don't have anything they would want..lol

On to my next topic...
This morning when i was up, i turned it on the news to see what was going on and to get a look at the weather. I couldn't believe what i had saw!
The weather said it was 15 degrees in Nashville, 11 degrees at the Nashville Zoo, & 13 degrees in Kentucky. Most of you know that we are 3.5 Miles from the Kentucky. It's always colder here in Orlinda than it is in Kentucky and/or Nashville, so that meant it was about 8-10 degrees here!
I couldn't believe it was actually that cold outside!! I mean it's been cold before, but NOT that cold, with the windchill it was probably way colder than that!
Come on now, one day it's like 70 and the next day it's 10. What's up with that? I told all the kids this morning, it's colder than a well diggers hinney outside, they didn't get what i was saying at first! I thought it was funny! They didn't of course, but then when they got what i was saying then they laughed!

On to the next topic....
Our Anniversary was great!! We got ready and went to Springfield. We stopped at Walmart first for me to get my nails done. I had an appointment at 5:45, but when i get there, the girl that use to be my best friend was there with her moma and sister, so i turned around and walked out cause i knew it would be some DRAMA, she's the one i call DRAMA MOMA, so i called the nail guy and ask him how long would it be and explained the story to him, he tells me 30 minutes, so i asked Ickey if he wanted to go eat he said yea, so we did! He wanted McDonald's, so we went to McDonald's, YES you read that right we ate McDonald's for our anniversary dinner. It was GOOD, too!! I ended up not going to Walmart to get my nails done i had to go elsewhere to get my nails done. The place i went, the women didn't know what she was doing and messed them up! After that we headed down to Silverado's to meet up with some friends of ours! We got down there about 8 or a little after, we had to stand in line and it was COLD outside, by the time we got inside my nose was froze and i felt like my top lip was numb. Anyways, we had a GREAT time!! I have pics on my myspace if you wanna see!!

Alright, I'm done, i just wanted to let you know what was going on in Wendy's world!!
I hope everyone has a good week!
Lots of Love to you all :-}
~Wendy Lynn~

3 comments:

Erika J. said...

girl, that's crazy. i'm glad everyone is okay. maybe y'all shoud install some flood lights. if there's alot of lighting outside, it may keep trespassers away. just a thought!

did you get you a fan?

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope that doesnt happen again! Thats freaky!!! I would be paranoid!!!

~Chunky Butt~ said...

Erika yes i got a fan, it helped alot thanks for that idea! It keep my cool, too, so i don't have to change my clothes in the middle of the night from the night sweats!!

Caetie, i was paranoid all night and i have been all day!! I'm already thinking about it tonight, kinda worried about going to sleep!

I told Ickey we're gonna have to do something i can't deal with all this! It's NEVER EVER been like this is this lil Mayberry town!