I tell you what, some people have there nerve!! Yesterday (Monday) my nephew Tyler came in and was telling me that i need to start locking my car doors at night! I ask him, why, he says cause when i went out and got in my car, someone had messed with my radio and stole my change, so i tell him to go out to my car and see if my radio was still in there. He comes back in and says yea, but did you leave your remote in your seat? I tell him, NO, i haven't been anywhere today! I call Ickey and tell him that someone was in Tyler's car trying to steal his radio, but they didn't get it, all they got was his change!
Most of you know i bought my kids go carts for Christmas, so i get Tyler to go around back to make sure there still there and they are, thank goodness! We never thought anything else of it!
Well, I get in my car to go to the store an i notice that my car had been tore all to pieces! I mean the stuff that was in the front was now in the back! My radio had been messed with, but my radio is hard to get out of my car, just like my speakers, it takes time! Again, i thought nothing else of it cause everything was still there!
Ickey calls me when he's on his way home and says "my tool box is gone out of the back of my truck", so i get mad because he had to have those tools for work! I told him when he got here we would check around outside and make sure nothing else was missing and we would call the police, so i had to call Tyler and tell him to come home from work, so i could call the police and make a report!
When Ickey gets here, we're talking about it and he tells me that when he went out and started his truck he opened my front passenger door to unlocked the back passenger door, so he could put Steven's car seat back in my car. He says he did all that and then he came back in. He said when he goes out to get in his truck to leave he notices that my interior light in on, so he says to himself "i know i shut the door", he double checks the passenger door, sure enough it's closed, so he walks around and my driver door is open. He shuts it and goes on about his business, he thought when Tyler drove my car, that he might have not shut it good! Amber hears us talking about it and she says "Moma, when i got on the school bus, i noticed that Tyler's car door was open and i thought he forgot to shut it" By that time Tyler is here and he starts telling us that when he went out that his door was open. When he got in his car is when he noticed his radio broke, but he was running late, so he just went on to school!
The police get here and we're all outside telling him what happened and he says he would've did some finger printing, but we had all already touched the doors and radios. Oh that made it even worse for me! He took a report and give us all a card with the report number on it! He said the one day last week our neighbors house was vandalized and broke into, but they caught them. He said when they caught them, they had already sold most of our neighbors belongings. Then he tells us that Saturday, that a house and a car got broken into. Both of the incident's are one block(if that) from our house. The house that got in last week is one block(if that) to the right of us and the one on Saturday is one block(if that) to the right of us! The one of Saturday happened at the house that's right behind our little town store. They got the women's purse, an ipod, and numerous of over things.
What made me really mad was, last week i was up till 2, 3, & 4 with my back and i keep on hearing things outside, so i would get up to go to the bathroom and I'd look outside, one night i seen 2 young boys walking up the highway with backpacks on. I said to myself now what are these boys doing out at 2 in the morning, walking up and down the highway with backpacks. To me it looked as if they has ran away from home! I went on and laid back down and didn't think nothing else of it! *wonders what they we're up too*
We was lucky they didn't get no more than what they did. Which was Ickey's tool box and some change out of mine and Tyler's car! I know that they got into mine and Tyler's car cause the doors was open, but Ickey's doors are really hard to open. I almost broke a nail trying to open the door the other day, so we figured out that they probably tried and couldn't get his doors open, so they got his tool box. The good thing about them not getting into his truck was he had a wrench set that he had just gotten Friday in the floor on his truck! He was very ticked cause he was getting a promotion at work and his boss was giving him time to get the tools he needed to do the job and now someone stole them, well except for the wrench set!
I really thought they would come back last night. I sat up for the longest waiting and listening for something outside. I heard some noises, but never seen nobody!
It really surprised us that they would do that with where we live. What i mean is we live on a busy highway. The highway we live on is the highway people use to go into Kentucky the back way. Our house is 3.5 miles from the Kentucky state line. Another thing is we live across the street from the fire department. They go in and out over at the fire hall all night long! Plus we live not even a block from the 4 way stop. This highway is busy all day and all night, so whoever done it had some balls!!
I remember when I first moved up here, we would sleep with the doors unlocked, windows up, and the car windows rolled down. You never had to worry about anything. Everybody knew everybody! You could leave your keys in your car at night and no one would steal your car, but now i guess that's all changed! I see people all day and all night walking up and down the road that I've NEVER seen before! I've noticed that there are alot more teenagers in the area. What i mean by that is, when we lived up here the last time it was older people and no one never caused trouble! You only seen the police if there was a wreck or something like that, but now you seen the police all the time! Don't get me wrong i love it here, it's quite (even with the cars going down the highway all hours of the night) and you don't hear gun shots or any of that stuff anytime of the day!
I'm just lucky and thankful that they didn't try to break in our house, steal the go carts and other things we had out back, and all they did get was a tool box full of brand new tools, and some change. It could have been worse!
OK, so that's what happened. I have to go and get ready to take Steven to ball practice!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
The nerve of some people
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
If you check the pawn shops near by and see your stuff then you can get it back with the police report. But don't tell them what you are doing or they will lie.
That stinks though.
Thanks for the info! I will call all the pawn shops in Springfield tomorrow!
you took lortab before you typed this, didn't you? ;0)
Erika..your funny! Actually no i didn't..hehe..i just wanted to get the details out, so i didn't have to keep repeating myself..lol
Post a Comment